Razer Megalodon Mic Hiss

WeepingLily

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
A few weeks ago I bought a Razer Megalodon headset. I'm very happy with the quality of the headset itself but I have a major problem with the mic. When I use the mic there is a really annoying hissing noise that is always constant. Razer put out a blog post about this problem offering solutions but none of them fully got rid of the hissing noise. I only thing that I can do is turn own the mic volume but this is a problem for me since I make videos gaming videos for Youtube and if the game does not have an option to turn down audio/ does not work (Anna) then I'm screwed. I was wondering if anyone on here found some kind of a fix or knew of a fix because I've already done everything Razer told me to do. When I sent them an email they told me I could return it, but I really dont wont to since the shipping cost 15 dollars. That would not be worth it if ALL of the mics were bugged. Thank you

firaaero9

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Sorry, im not sure. But just letting you know that im having the exact problem with my Turtlebeach Z6A's the hissing/static noise is also very annoying :/ hope there's a fix somewhere. Just wanted to let you know, sorry for not giving a proper answer/solution.