Cheap desktop amp for my kenwood box speakers

angadisachin

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
i've a pair of kenwood(bass reflex speaker system) box speakers(old music system, head unit is dead) of gud quality, though very old (100rms*2), i want to connect then to my pc, em aware that they are box speakers i.e no 3.5mm jack,,.. so plz help me out
1. to get really gud bass

Solution
I have actually tested vintage Kenwood LSK-727s floor standers with 12" woofers with a Lepai TA2020 and the results are actually shockingly good. Granted it was somewhere between a smallish to medium room and those are rather efficient speakers but if you need more power the TK2050 based amps pack more power in the same small footprint at a higher price of course ^^ However if tight, quality deep bass is a must you can always add a quality 8-10" active sub down the road

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Perhaps best state the exact model of those but for PC audio/nearfield many an old/vintage speaker have found new life mated with cheap but hifi sounding T-amps? Look at stuff like the Lepai TA2020 and TK2050 based amp like Dayton DTA100-A, Topping TP-22, etc

angadisachin

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

well. thanx for reply and few days back i googled especially about lepai t2020, my main priority is to get low freq bass, is it sufficient to power these oldies?? i gave a look at the national market, Bangalore (well known for china products), many options were there real cheap starting from 8$, but can u tell which type of amp(class, considering it's a china product), omh required, etc,,..

(my speakers are 6ohm and 100rms each, model-LS-n551 L)
http://www.njuskalo.hr/image-big/zvucnici/zvucnici-kenwood-ls-n551l-slika-9154697.jpg

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have actually tested vintage Kenwood LSK-727s floor standers with 12" woofers with a Lepai TA2020 and the results are actually shockingly good. Granted it was somewhere between a smallish to medium room and those are rather efficient speakers but if you need more power the TK2050 based amps pack more power in the same small footprint at a higher price of course ^^ However if tight, quality deep bass is a must you can always add a quality 8-10" active sub down the road

Solution

johnrenosh

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Hey did u manage to find an amplifier for your speakers??? If yes can you please share the details.....I have got the same pair of kenwood box speakers......I am from Mumbai...