Hackintosh on MSI GX740?

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
The MSI GX740 costs the same as a 13 inch macbook pro, but i want mac OS X on it, cauz i wanna learn programming and my desktop isnt mobile and is too loud.

Could some1 answer my question quick?

mindless728

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

why do you need mac OSX to learn programming, why not get a netbook, linux, gcc, and a C++ primer

btw, that MSI is a lot more powerful than the 13" MBP (ie gaming wouldn't be too bad on it)

@apache_lives, are the MSI laptops that bad? i personally have had a Compaq (GeForce 4 Go era), Asus, and now a Compal (which i love the 1080p screen on 15")

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
can u explain the netbook thing more thoroughly, and no i wont game on the laptop, since i have a computer which does that already.

I am considering MB, because of the stability and the ease of use compared to windows.

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
BTW i still want to do some basic video, music and net surfing, so linux may not be my best bet and is 2Gb ram sufficient for my uses, and if id use emulator for phones will it do it with no lag?

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
The MSI has more raw power, but I wouldn't really recommend hackintoshes for anyone...

Either get the MSI and run windows/linux/whatever on it, or just get the macbook and get it over with.

Also remember that the MSI isn't exactly mobile. 17" and 7lbs compared to 13" and 4.5lbs? Come on.

The MSI is a gaming laptop, no need for one if you wont game on it - it will just be very hot. I had a 17" gaming laptop once - not exactly something I'd call mobile.. Couldn't even sit with it on my bed - would have burned a hole in my legs, the bed and the floor.....

However, with that said - the few times I brought it to my friends houses for some good old LAN-parties, everything was forgiven...I loved it....