Compaq Presario 12XL125 Laptop Disassembly

syndoc66

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I need to replace the RTC battery on a Compaq Presario 12XL125 Laptop. I downloaded the manual for it from Compaq.com. After removing the battery, I took the four out (x3 bottom center and 1 on the side, in preparation of removing the palmrest with touchpad. This does noes come straight off, only the sides are loose, while the middle is secured still.

Any suggestions?

syndoc66

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I am still having problems removing the palm rest. According to the manual, there are three screws on the bottom and one on the side, then the palm rest is supposed to separate from the case. It is getting stuck where the mike/jack plugs are, in the front-center of the computer.

syndoc66

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Sorry that it took so long to respond but I have had quite a few distractions lately.
First off, thank you to everyone who helped, with your guidance and assistance, I completed all of the tasks in very short order and completely restored the computer to its former state with no errors.

I really like this forum because not only do the participants actually give advice and information that pertains, but the moderator also makes sure to ask if the problem has been solved. Keep up this and this will be my first stop in asking for help.