Which speakers for PC should I buy?

crusher25

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I'm planning to buy a new set of speakers for my PC since my set of speakers now is old and the right channel is not anymore working. Which among these are the best one?

Logitech Z506 5.1
Creative SBS A520 5.1
Creative Inspire T6160 5.1

I really want to get a 5.1 set because my sound card supports I think 5.1 so I don't want to waste that.

i've had good luck with logitech speakers. for $99 they represent a pretty good value for the dollar. as far as surround sound goes... whether or not it is wasted depends on what you do on your computer. games and movies are surround, music, the web and windows sounds are not.

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Not at all, if you want a 5.1 system, and that's your budget, by all means go for it! Just make sure you have the room for it, every time i've done a 4.1 or 5.1 PC system, i always end up going back to 2.1 for one reason or another. I'd agree with logitech, always had good luck.

if you have a 2.1 system and a 5.1 system both priced at $99 then the 2.1 system should be using better parts to make up for the price difference. if not then why would a system with 3 less speakers cost the same?

yes, most sound is stereo. except games and movies. this does not mean that a 5.1 system is bad though. everything depends on what you want out of a system.

i've owned $99 logitech 5.1 systems in the past. while not the same model they sell now it is still going strong after 9 years of use. while it might not sound as good as the high end speaker system i use now, at 7% the price i say it more then makes up for it in value. before i had a nice speaker set i used to think the speakers sounded fine. i was never disapointed.

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I have a 5.1 system for my pc for 7 years now. And if i would to buy another, i would definitely go with a quality 2.1. There is just no need for a surround sound for a pc.
Few ideas:
Creative Zii Sound T6
Logitech Z623
Sony SRS DB500