IQ Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I was searching for a Netpad and cam across the IQ slate, question is what do you think about it?

G

I think its great, I just ordered one! I havnt got in my hands yet, but from what I see, its the HIGH CLASS of Slate pc. Better than the HP Slate, Better than the iPad, better than the iPed, the Jojo. If you look at the specs, its better than any multi-touch slate out right now or about to come out this year.

G

I think its great, I just ordered one! I havnt got in my hands yet, but from what I see, its the HIGH CLASS of Slate pc. Better than the HP Slate, Better than the iPad, better than the iPed, the Jojo. If you look at the specs, its better than any multi-touch slate out right now or about to come out this year.
Sorry, but you need to get it in your hands before making any kind of comments or review. At this point of time, we are all at the same level of product information. We wish someone already using any of the three products will help us with his review.

cwwardiii

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
I have an IQ Slate for testing... 2 gig ram 64 gig SSD windows 7 Ultimate, with Office 2010 professional.. I just downloaded the Visio 2010 Beta... also 3 USB 2.0 WIFI/Bluetooth 802.11g wireless...1.3 mpix camera..
Intel Atom .... at 1.6ghz...

The real story... it works okay... fairly well.. not an iPad killer.. but for Windows people it will be acceptable..
a bit on the heavy side.. 2.2 lbs... it really is form factor wise just like an iphone.. just bigger..

I will give a detailed review in the coming week or so.. just getting it setup now... first impressions.. Windows 7 Ultimate on an ATOM is STUPID!!! I had to go in and shutdown the BS of Win7... aero carpola.. etc... I basically told the system to give me performance not fancy no use graphics.... I have tried all day to get a wireless download of skype to work.. apparently there are too many processes going to allow the system to handle a major download while using USB ports... I was able to download Google Earth (took 3 hours of constant re-starting of the down-load.).. It was about an hour getting Visio 2010 to download.. got it and tested.. works no problems...

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse combo.. it works great .. but apparently with Win7 it boggs down the overall system when you are doing wireless downloads.. more on that in the future with testing..

Office 2010 and Visio work fine no issues..

More detail in the coming week..

The IQ has a sensor that like the iPad will reorient the screen to fit your twisting and turning.. oh 1024 x 600.. again a stupid resolution,..not a standard.. some apps (Google Earth) will complain...

cwwardiii

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
iq slate iq multi-touch, iq10, update to testing

igot skype to download finally. the problem was apparently symantac?? end-point protection ... too much over-head computing power needed? well when i shut sym down the down-load worked first time.

skype installed no problem and initial tests worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.