Best Headphones for around 70 bucks?

Plazmawolf

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I don't care about microphone (I would actually prefer it didn't have one) I could care less about looks. All I care about is if it's confortable and the sound quality (and they can't be USB). I'd like something over the ear. :)

I've looked at the Razer Orca's and they don't look to bad, but I think I can do better than razer.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Oh also I plan to use it for gameing and listening to music. Jazz, Slow rock, Rock, and thrash metal.

Thank you so much my fellow hardware lovers!

Oceanopticon

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I recommend Sony MDR-V6s - http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=sony+mdr-v6&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1047&bih=625&wrapid=tljp1340399622067019&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13409466332417410887&sa=X&ei=C-DkT4iLBaPa2AXXs-zZCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CIsBEPMCMAE

I'm not a headphone guru and there are likely a lot of good options out there - my recommendation is based on my experience with a couple different mid-level Sony headphones and a variety of cheaper phones from all different brands. I do however know what good audio is as I record and mix music semi-professionally.

Based on your description of what you're looking for and what you're looking to spend, these fit the bill. They are simple, straightforward, comfortable, and sound great. They are not designed to sound 'hyped' like a lot of headphones are - I would stay away from anything that is obviously marketed towards gamers. Hyped sounding audio gear will be more impressive initially but more fatiguing to listen to long-term. The audiophiles go for flat, natural sounding gear because that's what you really want. Audio engineers color the sound of music when they record and mix it to sound the best it can - your audio system should seek to reproduce that mix faithfully.