Looking for the wired remote for the Logitech Z 5300 (Z-5300)

versache

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I have a Logitech Z-5300 and the wired remote controller stopped working. The system is in great shape but it's useless without the remote.
If you know of anyone who might have a remote, please send me a message.
Thanks,

sundodger91

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Just happened to pick one up this afternoon. I was doing some research on it, when I stumbled upon your post.
I haven't tested it yet.

sundodger91

Honorable
May 20, 2012
That's what I had in mind when I picked it up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it on my set, so I still have no idea whether it even works. It looks almost new, without any outward signs of damage, but I imagine you want it to do more than look good. Can you think of any way to test it other than plugging it into a Z5300 sub?

sundodger91

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Sorry, I'm brand new to these threads. Anyway, I bought it to sell it, but without a Z5300 sub-woofer, how do I test it?

versache

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I'm not sure you can test it if you had the pin out for the d-sub, a volt/ohm meter, and the values each pin is supposed to return. Unfortunately, I don't know any of this information. Maybe we can arrange a deal where i buy it off you at your cost, I test it on my system, and if it works i send you a little more cash. If it doesn't work i can send it back to you for a refund?

sundodger91

Honorable
May 20, 2012

I'm sending it home with a co-worker to test on his system. If it checks out you can have it for cost+shipping. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

sundodger91

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Here ya go. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how it checks out. I expect it to work, given it's
physical condition. If it failed, it did so after relatively little use, which seems unlikely. I have some pics
for you, but I'm not seeing a way to attach them to this thread. Am I missing something?

caddant

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING. I BOUGHT MY SON THE LOGITECH Z506 SYSTEM AT X-MAS AND HE'S DELIGHTED WITH THEM. LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE PURCHASING A NEW SET FOR MYSELF. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH. I DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE. I'VE LOOKED ONLINE FOR A FIX FOR THIS AND FOUND NOTHING. I NEED SOUND NOW. I WORK ON THIS THING ALL DAY EVERYDAY. IT SUCKS CAUSE WE ALL KNOW WE JUST NEED JUST REPLACE THIS STUPID REMOTE. FOUND LOTS OF PEOPLE WITH SAME ISSUE. I WAS VERY HPPY WITH THIS SET OF SPEAKERS. HAD MINE FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS. OH WELL.