Solved! Problem With Card Reader In Notebook

jetjimmy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I have an ASUS Notebook running Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. The Notebook has an 8 in 1 card reader, so I use the reader with the Windows 7 built-in software to load pictures from my SD Card from my Canon Digital Camera (Digital Elph, SD770 IS)

All of a sudden, I am having problems. After I load some pictures with the SD Card, if I try to load the card again, I get an error sound, like the computer won't recognize the card. I have to turn the computer off and back on to get it to recognize the card again. This is even though, after I use the card, I go to "Computer" and eject it properly.

I downloaded the latest drivers from ASUS's website, but no luck. Both ASUS and Canon said it's possible that the SD Card is bad. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

Solution
usualy virus can affect u accessing the card but there is a way around it which is a backdoor acess.

1) insert the card
2) fo to my computer
3) on the removable device dont click or double click, but rather right click it once then in the tab select "explore" this will explore it rather than open it and you shouild access the card normaly.
after you copy the content, format it and then it will work again.

pcfixed

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
usualy virus can affect u accessing the card but there is a way around it which is a backdoor acess.

1) insert the card
2) fo to my computer
3) on the removable device dont click or double click, but rather right click it once then in the tab select "explore" this will explore it rather than open it and you shouild access the card normaly.
after you copy the content, format it and then it will work again.

Solution

jetjimmy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Hi...And thank you. I do not believe that I have a virus, for I ran a complete updated virus scan with the paid version of AVAST and it did not find one. Also, since the computer does not recognize the card, it does not show up under "My Computer" as a removable device so that I can try what you had stated. I also did a complete re-format about one month ago.

jetjimmy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

The best answer turned out to be re-formatting my Notebook again. That solved the problem, although I do not believe that I had a virus. Thanks.