What do you think about this headset?

mercer95

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/prod [...] ct_id=6725

i am thinking about getting this headset, it looks good for £100 because it has true surround sound and it will match my case (although not important just a plus).

so do you think that they will be a good buy or do you think that for the same price i could get some better ones?

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I think a lot of people like the AD700 + ZALMAN clip on mic. I have the Siberia V2, and they're pretty good, the Logitech G35 are good as well. However, audiophile headphones plus mic will be better than them. I just think the AD700's are the ugliest things ever.

bullwinkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Haha if you can get over the AD700's then I'd say it's the go-to setup for ~100. I used to have an HPA2. Got the AD700 + zalman combo the other week. Headphones are a bit weak in the low end but excel everywhere else. The mic is actually better than expected. All the people I play with say the Zalman is better than the mic on my HPA2.

If must have a headset then I'd go with the SS Siberia v2. Otherwise, I recommend finding a pair of headphones you like and just use a clip on mic.