Laptop recommendation

mike_32

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a laptop with 15 inches screen at least , small budget, not necessarily for gaming , linux compatible if possible not necessary
and most important, long life guaranteed
I mean it doesn't broke up only after 10 years (is it possible ?)

my choice went on two laptops (from where I live):
dell vostro 1015 : core 2 duo 2,10ghz Ram 3go HD 320 go screen 15,6"

or
HP G62-125EK Core i3 2.13 GHz - RAM 3Go HDD 320Go + windows 7

what do you think, guys of these two ?
is HP G62-125EK a good one ,

thanks for replying

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there!

What will you be using your laptop for? The HP has a more powerful processor so that is a better choice if you will be running many programs at once.

With some more information on how you intend to use your laptop I can suggest a couple others you may want to consider as well.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

mike_32

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010

yes, the HP has a more powerful proc.
I'm also concerned that it works on linux distro ( fedora, ubuntu )
and since it's a new Hp offer ,( I guess ) is it a long lasting laptop with no problem whatsoever and that's my main criteria of choice

I intend to use it for makin web sites , web application developpement
and not necessarily gamin ( I 've read it's poor performance with some games) I don't care about that

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Mike,

For gaming, you would want a laptop with a graphics card so it is not surprising that the HP wouldn't be able to perform well in certain graphics-intense games. The HP seems like a great choice, although most laptops do not last 10 years. However, you should be able to get a pretty good life out of it. Have you read any user reviews? That can help give you a better idea of how it performs with daily use.

I hope this helps.

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team