Asus g51jx-x1 BSoD

prem_k

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
hello everyone,

i have ordered an asus g51jx-x1 from newegg.com and it'll be arriving soon. however i'm a bit anxious about the BSoD and throttling issues in the model. many reviewers on newegg didn't mention anything about these issues while a few others did. have these issues been fixed for good?

G

I have recently bought a G51JX-X2 laptop, and it had BSOD the first day I received it. I have read that all G51J series asus laptops are likely to have problems, especially with BSOD's. Buying an i7 gaming laptop at such a low price as $1000 is definitely not supposed to happen if a laptop is working perfectly well. It is risky to buy laptops at those prices, but I have also heard that some people have not had any problems with those asus laptops. I successfully returned my laptop a few days ago, and am planning to buy another laptop. I can see that you bought the laptop quite a while ago. How has it treated you? Any problems with it?

prem_k

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
i've been using my g51jx-x1 for 3 months now and i haven't encountered a single BSOD so far :)

i've played crisis warhead, metro 2033, bfbc2 in medium-high settings, worked with photoshop, edited videos etc. and everything works perfectly fine! a nice machine!