Looking for a certain Laptop/Netbook/Tablet

rmarier83

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
1_What is your budget?
$800 (am able to find discounts to get them cheaper)
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The smaller the better (netbook sized), as well as weight (under 4 pounds).
3_What screen resolution do you want?
If possible anything higher than the normal netbook res. (1024x600)-if possible want higher
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
As portable as possible-is not a replacement.
5_How much battery life do you need?
This is Very Important! As much as humanly possible, over 9 hours.
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

This is going to cause some confusion, but yes. I'm going to want to use this for emulator-games like PJ-64, DesMuMe, PSx
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Yes, for watching videos (I don't need an optical drive)-I have a slim external that I rarely use.
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
120-320GB is a good range.
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
http://www.newegg.com
http://www.amazon.com
(Again this is not important)
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
1-2 years, but I want to be able to have some resell value when that times up.
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None are needed, just like the netbook standard
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS (have had lots of good with them) ACER (has good reviews) I'm not really for Brand loyalty, it's just there's some I don't like: HP and Dell.
13_What country do you live in? US of A!

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Will be using this for the following: I may even go for a Tablet (if any exist with what I want out of it) as well (the ones with or without a keyboard)
Web Browsing, Emulator Gaming, Light video watching, Listening to my entire music collection (good speakers are a plus).

My old netbook nearly did all of these things minus - DS emulator wasn't playable (it is on my quad core computer), resolution at times can be a pain, the speakers have zero bass (I just may use headphones only anyways).
I absolutely need a Windows OS on it (not Android, linux, or whichever). Having Windows 7 Home premium (or better) is a plus (can do without).

rmarier83

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
After some looking around, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any device that yet exists that meet what I'm looking for. The closest one is a netbook that not even released yet called the Asus eee 1201PN and another called Asus eee 1215N.
I'm just going to wait for this round of netbooks with the Ion2 (optimus) to be released (and hopefully that's soon).