Keyboard not functioning properly

torpian

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Hi everyone,
I need some help. I have a G73JH-A1 Asus laptop that is about 3 months old now. I have the latest drivers installed but I have been experiencing intermittent trouble with the keyboard. Sometimes the 'a' and 'd' keys dont respond at all. When I try to log on the keys do nothing and once logged in they continue to do nothing. Sometimes putting the battery in or taking it out will fix it. As does swapping some USB devices, but there are other times like now when nothing seems to fix it. I tried searching for a solution but no one else has had this problem yet. I do use the G13 keyboard from time to time but this has been happening since before I bought that. I have to use the on-screen keyboard just to type an email. The notebook is in mint condition, nothing has been dropped on or in it so cleaning it isn't going to fix this particular problem. There are no problems under device manager, but in the resource tab of the keyboard driver it has this:

Input/Output Range 0060 - 0060 used by:
Motherboard resources
Input/Output Range 0064 - 0064 used by:
Motherboard resources

Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

If you can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

torpian

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
thanks for your reply. i have to use the onscreen keyboard to write this, so please pardon my lack of grammar and punctuation. the keyboard is still broken, i flashed the latest bios across last night and the computer ran properly all night. today i booted it up and now its not working again. i removed the keyboard and reseated the keyboard cable then rebooted it and the same keys are not functioning at all. i downloaded avast and ran a virus check and it said my computer was clean. what else could be conflicting with my computer?