Laptop with switchable graphics

neraken

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
hi i am looking for a laptop that is able to switch between igp and discreet graphics (either by a physical switch or software like nvidia's optimus) and hopefully maximize battery life

1_What is your budget?

around $800-$1000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" probably

3_What screen resolution do you want?

prefer 1600x900 or better

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

somewhat portable

5_How much battery life do you need?

3hrs+

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

not really a big gamer but i do want to play games (usually medium?)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

movies, video conversion, maybe some coding

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

prefer 500gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

i want it to last through college

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

dvd rw

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?

usa

thanks

G

Uhhh thats hard to find..... But i recently bought a asus ul80vt off amazon and It runs beautifully. It has a sloghtly lower screen resolution (768pish) and a slightly smaller hard drive(320gig)but it gets me 10+hours on battery life on integrated and 6ish on dedicated-Plenty to last the school day. Also I have even been able to squeeze Cryisi out of it in low setting o.0.

TRENDING THREADS