Bookshelf Speakers

ApeEscape

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
So I plan on acquiring some nice bookshelf speakers ($100-$250 range).

I was wondering what some people use and how they like it?

Also, integrated amp or buy an amp separate?

All constructive answers are very much appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Colby

Solution
what type of setup are you looking for?

2.0 ?
2.1 ?
5.1 ?

budget?
main pupose?
etc..

if all you want is stereo sound then you could get along with just two bookshelf speakers, integrated or seperate soundcard and a mini amplifier.

if you want surround sound and bookshelf speakers you could get an amp to handle it but personally i would look into a receivers.

for anything in between it could go either way.

i've heard sets from klipsch and they sound great. however the price is a little steep and i dont have room for bookshelf speakers so i bought the satelite speaker set.

there are plenty of other brands out there on the market though.
what type of setup are you looking for?

2.0 ?
2.1 ?
5.1 ?

budget?
main pupose?
etc..

if all you want is stereo sound then you could get along with just two bookshelf speakers, integrated or seperate soundcard and a mini amplifier.

if you want surround sound and bookshelf speakers you could get an amp to handle it but personally i would look into a receivers.

for anything in between it could go either way.

i've heard sets from klipsch and they sound great. however the price is a little steep and i dont have room for bookshelf speakers so i bought the satelite speaker set.

there are plenty of other brands out there on the market though.

Solution

ApeEscape

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
So the main purpose I am using them for is to listen to music in a standard L-R format and also for games where I don't need my headset (i.e. story games and rts, not FPS's).

My budget is around $100-$200.