Solved! Best laptop on a tight budget

colecoles21

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Hello,
What is the best laptop for graphics design on a budget of $850 US ? Can a Asus 15.6" UL50VT-A1 Notebook, 1.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 500GB HD, 4GB Ram work for me? I will be running illustrator CS3, photoshop CS3, lightroom 2.5, and painter 10. Sometime simultainiously. I will spend more than half my time away from a power outlet, and use wireless internet connection all the time. What should i do? I'm SOOOO confused!!!

Solution
Hi there,

Since you will be running so many programs at once, you may want to look into a laptop with a faster processor. Think of the number of cores your processor has as the number of engines in a car; the more cores you have, the more power (and the more programs you can have running at once). The speed of the processor is essentially an indicator of how fast the "engine" of your laptop will run. Check out this link for a lengthier explanation of how it all works: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-speed-facts.aspx.

On that note, you might want to check out the Toshiba Satellite M505-ST5408. It has 4 GB RAM and an 2.13 GHz Intel® Core™ i3-330M processor ($799). You could also look into a Sony Vaio. Asus laptops...

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

Since you will be running so many programs at once, you may want to look into a laptop with a faster processor. Think of the number of cores your processor has as the number of engines in a car; the more cores you have, the more power (and the more programs you can have running at once). The speed of the processor is essentially an indicator of how fast the "engine" of your laptop will run. Check out this link for a lengthier explanation of how it all works: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-speed-facts.aspx.

On that note, you might want to check out the Toshiba Satellite M505-ST5408. It has 4 GB RAM and an 2.13 GHz Intel® Core™ i3-330M processor ($799). You could also look into a Sony Vaio. Asus laptops are also great, but you may want to look into one with a faster processor.

Hope this helps!

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Solution