Recommend a Hi-Fi Speaker Set

IGM0937

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hi, hopefully I did post in the right place. I'm very new to this, so forgive my rather amateur terminology.

I'm looking into getting some high quality Hi-Fi speakers for my new PC. At the moment I have Logitech Speaker System Z523 and while they are ok, they do have a disappointing mid-range and lacklustre bass. It leaves more to be desired.

I would ultimately want a 2.1 system with 2 speakers and a subwoofer. I have seen some Hi-Fi sets with sub's being integrated into the speakers, which is fine, but at that point, it might get too heavy and chunky to fit onto my computer desk. I would like my speakers to be on my desk on either side of the monitor, rather than on the floor. I play games, but I listen to music more often than not. I love my bass, I love hearing clarity in vocals and I also get goose bumps when fine detail in electronic, trance, dub/dubstep music. And it wouldn’t be a complete list if I didn't include the price range. I would like to spend about £100, £150 max. I know it might not be enough for what I am looking for, but I’m not the biggest audiophile in the world and I would like to have value for money just like anyone else. If a convincing set does appear which costs more, I will be willing to invest.

Again, if there is anything that I’m not being clear on, please shout out your questions and I will try my best to explain myself :D
Thanks in advance

the klipsch promedia 2.1 has a very hard pounding subwoofer and in general the set is built very well. however the huge pitfall is that the satelite speakers are underpowered compared to the subwoofer. some people love it though.

in your price range its going to be hard to find any sort of perfect speaker system. i've been building systems for awhile and logitech is one of the best values for the money. sure it might not be the best in class, but its certainlly no slacker for the budget.

not sure why you think logitech doesnt deliver on bass. even the cheap $40 has enough thump to it.

in general, 2.1 pc speakers are all pretty underpowered compared to other things on the market.