Use Parts from inspiron 1520

sdelvag

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I Posted Before about plugging in several ac adapters into my dell inspiron 1520 and it showing no life. I guess the Power jack needs soldering done well if all else fails whats the bestway about using those parts in it. Can i put the guts in a older laptop shell ? Or am i not able to use the orginal mother board because of the power problem? I ust dont want to let that go to waste because heir is nice specs in that model. Please help.

Given that the power jack would need to be repaired before the motherboard is worth anything to anyone, you may as well have it done and keep the laptop. The jacks themselves are only a few pounds (or dollars) and a competent repairer would probably only charge an hour's labour for doing it on an Inspiron. [/#000ff]

sdelvag

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I took the whole laptop apart resoldered the fused next to the ac jack but how could you be so sure its the ac jack .... and is this something i can take to best buy geek squad or what ...... my buddy claims he resolders his familys ac jacks in their dell laptops all the time should i let him try ?
I'm just not in the mood to pay a 50 dollar service charge for nothing .

Is the machine worth more than $50 to you if your buddy wrecks it? :(