How do i hook dvd player to Olevia 32\

Bill_37

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
have olevia 232 s12, currently hooked up to dish. trying to hook dvd up; cant get to work either through the dish box or direct into tv - which doesnt show any hook ups, only for red & white, no yellow. anyone know how??? DISH said it should work, it doesnt..

Verify what inputs your HDTV has. Based on my Olevia 232T 32" HDTV, it should have:

1 x HDMI
1 x Component (RCA Red/Green/Blue + Red/White for audio)
1 x Composite (RCA Yellow + Red/White for audio)
1 x S-Video

How your DVD player is connected depends on what outputs it has available. I would assume that your DirecTV set top box is connected to the HDTV via an HDMI cable. I would keep it that way.

If your DVD player has a Component output (RCA Red/Green/Blue + Red/White for audio), this would be the second preferred output (after HDMI) to use. It should connect directly into your HDTV's Component input. At this point, you would need to use your TV's remote control to change the video input from HDMI to Component (or AV1, I think it is) to actually see and hear the output of the DVD player.

Hope this helps.

-Wolf sends

Bill_37

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

THank you!! I have red,white, yellow cord; do i need one with all 5?? tried running it thru dish box but still can't get it to work.
Appreciate the help!!

If your DVD player has a Component output (Red/Green/Blue + Red/White for audio), that would be the way to go. Yes, you'd need to purchase a cable. If it only has a composite output (Yellow + Red/White for audio), then that is the way to go. Since you already have that cable, I'd just go with that, rather than spending money needlessly. Connect whichever DVD player output you have directly to your HDTV. Your dish box does not have any inputs so running it through is impossible.

When you want to watch a DVD, you will need to change the input source on your HDTV from HDMI (again, assuming this is how your Dish box is connected) to whichever input source your DVD player is connected. Here are the input sources I have on my Olevia 232T 32" HDTV:

HDMI
VGA
VGA-Component
Tuner
Composite (<-- if you connect your DVD player to the TV using the Yellow/Red/White cable, this is the input source you want).
S-Video
Component

-Wolf sends