Solved! A tablet great for school work: not for gaming

slawsonk

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I am looking for a laptop, 13-15 inch, for college. This old dell inspiron has done well, but it's nearing the end of its days. I would like a tablet with a keyboard built in, the idea being that I want to be able to type, but then easily transition into drawing diagrams on the screen like I would in a pen and paper style notebook. I dont need a computer capable of playing video games, but watching movies, surfing internet, excel, word, etc etc... needs to be smooth, fast, and reliable. Best battery life possible is preferred of course, and the cheaper the better!!! Someone with more knowledge than me... please point me in the right direction :D thanks everyone!

1_What is your budget?
Under 1.5k preferred

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1600x1200 or so

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
replacement laptop

5_How much battery life do you need?
10 hours preferred

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Don't intend to game with it much

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Schoolwork mainly, web, internet, movies

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
over 100gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I like newegg ;)

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4yrs or so

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom/writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?
US

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like a tablet so that I can transition for writing notes via typing to drawing diagrams on the screen like I would be able to with a pen and paper :)
3g capability would be great