A little advice on projectors please....

Glumb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello, I'm looking for a full HD projector for as cheap as is humanly possible. I'm a third year degree student studying music technology and my final project requires a projector to display a 'playmat' image on the floor of a hall. I also wish to offset this cost by using the projector as my home cinema/gaming screen after the project finishes. I understand that it can be a bit of a minefield choosing one that is 'Honest to goodness' HD and I'm struggling to find time to research it properly. If anyone could give some suggested models that would be great. Thanks.

Your project will require a pretty bright projector. I assume the image will have to be large and the hall somewhat lit. Finding something like this that is HD is probably going to be impossible on your budget so I would suggest renting a projector that is right for your project. Maybe you can borrow one from the school?
As for cinema and gaming I would suggest a refurbished Epson projector. Check out their website. Some good deals with warranty. Other projectors on a budget would be Benq, Optoma, and Panasonic.