55" XBR8. White Vertical Lines

ao33

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys.

I came across a 55" Sony XBR8 television. Someone got rid of it because of the issue I'm going to share and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what might be causing it and how it might be fixed.

Also, wondering if , depending on the answers to the first two questions whether it would be wiser to invest in a new set or get this one fixed. I know when it was released the XBR8 was a pretty big deal. Just not sure how it holds up to current models.

The problem is white vertical lines running through the majority of the screen. They aren't static. The brighter the image the more they come out. On a black background they can't be seen. There are also horizontal lines running through the panel. Below are pictures. ANy help would be greatly appreciated!
124ioeo.jpg

13yfh9v.jpg

Mindy51

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Mindy51

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Go to picture adjustment and scroll all the way down to drc mode and turn it off? If the fbu board is failing like so many the part isn't available. By turning off the drc the line doubling is lost but the lines are gone. You might be able to watch it until more goes wrong with the board. The picture is pretty good, just doesn't seem as well as before. Our sound is now fading in and out sometimes but we are still watching until it totally dies! Hope it works for you.