Solved! Bios don’t detect usb cd-dvd

rodnower

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hello, I have GIGABYTE w566 laptop, and I do not know how to find out what my Intell Chipset is, and my problem actually is that in boot time my computer not detect usb LG (super-multi) cd-dvd drive. Windows. by the way, still know to access to device, I have problem only in boot time.

Some one know what to do?
Thank you for ahead.

Solution
So, the drive works in Windows, but you cannot see it in the BIOS, correct? Unless you are trying to boot from the drive, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you can go to Gigabyte's support site and download the latest drivers/firmware for your laptop. If that doesn't work, you can also download the latest BIOS update as well from the same location.
So, the drive works in Windows, but you cannot see it in the BIOS, correct? Unless you are trying to boot from the drive, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you can go to Gigabyte's support site and download the latest drivers/firmware for your laptop. If that doesn't work, you can also download the latest BIOS update as well from the same location.

Solution

Snuffy

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
If the DVD - CD is not bootable, then there is not Driver for the USB. therefore it can not bee seen until you make the DVD-CD bootable. That is what I have found.... & also possible that you need to set the boot options so the USB is set prior to C:

rodnower

Distinguished
May 2, 2010

I try to download it from here:
http://gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx
but when I choose Notebook in Category, I haven't option for my laptop series (W566) in My Series drop down list.