Audio sproblem through HDMI splitter

JohnBinTN

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello,

I recently puchased two Sewell SW-23500 splitters. The problem I am encountering involves audio on one of the two televisions connected to the splitter. When both televisions are connected via the splitter, audio is only sent to one of them. Even if the TV that is getting audio is turned off, there is still no audio on the other TV. If I unplug the TV that gets audio from the splitter, audio will then go to the other TV. Just not when both are connected. The audio issue only effects the one TV (an Insignia 42" from 2007). A new TV that we just got (a Vizio 60" smart TV, 2013 model) gets audio no matter what. Both TV's get video perfectly (even when both are connected).

I tried both splitters, and the results were the same.

I would rather not resort to switches for this setup, so if anyone could shed any light or give any sufggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

sewell

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hello, I am a Sewell representative. I'm sorry for the delayed response but I wanted to verify that you were able to get the audio working with our splitters? I haven't personally seen this issue before but we are more than happy to help you troubleshoot it or process a return if it doesn't work out for you.

TDInc

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Hello...I'm having the same exact issue with my vizio E550i-A0 tv. I had a Samsung primary TV that worked with both sets perfectly. However, with the new vizio as the primary, the Toshiba now gets no audio.