Solved! High Performance Notebook

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
1_What is your budget? Below the $2,000 range

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Mid Sized, no 17" around 15" will do.

3_What screen resolution do you want? High definition at minimum, I'de like something high though. With the small screen size im sure ide go with 720P

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I have an Asus G72X for gaming, this is more of my thin, lighweight work horse for browsing internet, multitasking, ALOT OF MULTITASKING! And just regular college homework stuff.

5_How much battery life do you need? The longer the better, ide prefer something with 4+

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching high-def movies from files, no blueray player needed

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? I dont use an insane amount, if i do i put it on an external

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'de like to say 2 years, but i tend to upgrade alot =]

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Standard DVD/CD

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Brands, I only buy respectable brands that I've had good luck with but i'm going to trust you guys that have more experience than me. My brands are Asus and HP

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. Not really any time frame on buying, if something new is coming out ide like to wait, I really want to try out SSD's now that they have come down in price and more reliable, I like the new Nvidia ION technology, idk if its out yet, and i'm also interested in the new i3/i5 series.

Your opinion and knowledge is of great appreciation.

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I actually just bought my mom a DV6, it has the i3 in it though. I have nothing against quadcore's I just dont want anything running way too hot. I hate having a really hot notebook.