[SOLVED] Split Rear panel audio jacks to separate audio streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmostEpic

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
First off I will describe the setup, currently I have a ASUS B5LD2-TVM motherboard which has on-board Realtek 880 High Definition Audio sound card. It has the normal 6 plugs in the back for HD Audio. The case unfortunately is an Dell E310 and due to the proprietary front panel it does not connect to the motherboard so the front panel audio out (headphone jack) is not able to be connected.

What I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to split the rear jacks to have two output streams across two of the plugs in the rear.

Audio Stream 1 > Front Speaker Out Plug (rear panel)
Audio Stream 2 > Rear Speaker Out Plug (rear panel)

I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this using the Realtek HD Audio Manager, is there any third-party software you can recommend that may be able to accomplish what I am trying to do? Or am I stuck looking at getting a new BTX style case with working front panel that will connect to the motherboard properly?

AlmostEpic

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
SOLVED

My solution involved using VAC (Virtual Audio Cable). I told Realtek HD Audio Manager that my headphones where the front Speakers in my system and that the Speakers where Rear Speakers.

Then I setup 2 virtual cables using VAC and using Audio Repeater (MME) which is part of VAC, I told Virtual Line 1 to Input from Virtual Line 1 and Output to the Realtek Speakers on Custom channels of FL (Front Left) and FR (Front Right), then I opened Audio Repearter (MME) a second time and set Virtual Line 2 to input from Virtual Line 2 to output to Realtek Speakers on Custom channels of RL (Rear Left) and RR (Rear Right).

Now if I want the sound of a program to output to my headphones I select the output device as Virtual Line 1, and if I want the sound to output to my speakers I select Virtual Line 2.

Tip - If you want your default sounds such as Google Chrome to output to your speakers but want ventrillo to output to your headphones, Go into windows 7 playback devices option (by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar) and selecting Virtual Line 2 as your Default playback and then inside Ventrillo select Virtual Line 1 for Output Device as I did in the screenshot.

Screenshot of the setup below.

screenshotqwh.png

bl3y4web

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Actualy ... I solved this problem just by deleting RealTek drivers...So im using win7 drivers... And Front panel is recognized as Headphones and Rear panel as Speakers...
axa.jpg

Jonny9781

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, is this possible with only one device?! ie non hd

xlnW59b.png

I have built-in speakers and two headphone jacks

Roh8pJv.png

but when I plug in headphones to either jack it's using the "same device" (the soundcard right?)

I'd love to play music through mediamonkey via my stereo or built-in speakers while skyping or learning and listening through headphones... I would literally LOVE that.

Currently, plug headphones in, sound goes off. Only option is to stop the popup box

9BzX4Ew.png

Thanks again for any info. starting to fear this is not possible

Qwerty-space

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014

In different applications you can choose which audio device it plays from. If mediamonkey doesn't have this option, then set the speakers to default, and make Skype play though your headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.