Solved! Samsung notebook forums

G

Hello,
My Samsung N210 does not switch off power to USB connected pendrives, etc on all 3 USB ports when we click "eject drive". It shows then that 'Safe to remove drive"; and also the drive disappears then from My Computer.
But the power remains ON to the drive. Why is this? (have checked this on all 3 USB ports)

Regards,
Shridhar.

Solution
When you click "eject," the computer is not supposed to kill power to the device. All that safely eject feature does is to remove the device from Windows, not the computer itself, i.e. hence why you aren't seeing the pen drive in My Computer. If you want to kill the power to the device, your best bet is to use the safely eject feature and actually remove the drive from the usb port.
When you click "eject," the computer is not supposed to kill power to the device. All that safely eject feature does is to remove the device from Windows, not the computer itself, i.e. hence why you aren't seeing the pen drive in My Computer. If you want to kill the power to the device, your best bet is to use the safely eject feature and actually remove the drive from the usb port.

Solution