• Bluetooth
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
April 26, 2010 3:31:36 AM

Hello,
how to turn on bluetooth on laptop gateway nv53

More about : turn bluetooth laptop gateway nv53

a b D Laptop
April 27, 2010 1:34:17 AM

From what I can tell, some NV53's have bluetooth, while some do not. To see if yours has it, go to device manager and see if a bluetooth device is listed. If so, ensure that it is enabled. If it isn't there, you'll probably have to buy a bluetooth dongle.
m
l
April 9, 2014 8:29:20 AM

FYI, I have had an NV53 MS2285 without Bluetooth working perfectly for a couple of years. I bought and installed a BT dongle a couple of weeks ago. After a few days, the computer got the "black screen/power light on/CD opening/no BIOS booting/fan running on and off/Sound, backup, "P" red lights can turn on/no HD activity" problem. I read extensively about it, tried the power disconnect solution, changed power switch assembly: still dead. Looks like the mother board is fried or something like that. A replacement MB for NV53 runs about $150. Thus, my point is, maybe adding a dongle BT will kill your NV53.
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2015 7:18:20 PM

Phil1900 said:
FYI, I have had an NV53 MS2285 without Bluetooth working perfectly for a couple of years. I bought and installed a BT dongle a couple of weeks ago. After a few days, the computer got the "black screen/power light on/CD opening/no BIOS booting/fan running on and off/Sound, backup, "P" red lights can turn on/no HD activity" problem. I read extensively about it, tried the power disconnect solution, changed power switch assembly: still dead. Looks like the mother board is fried or something like that. A replacement MB for NV53 runs about $150. Thus, my point is, maybe adding a dongle BT will kill your NV53.

I had the same problem with a friends nv53 and it turns out that the connectors between the motherboard and the gpu have terrible solder. Try reflowing your solder by leaving your computer on in a cloth bag, or wrap it in cloth for atleast half an hour.

m
l
September 3, 2015 9:13:27 AM

Thank you yoouumadbro. Actually, that's what I did. I mean, not the silly solution with the cloth bag. Instead I had the GPU reballed by someone on ebay located in Florida. I FedExed the motherboard, and it came back within two weeks, I put it back in the laptop and everything worked like a charm, including bluetooth [which was the original question on this thread]. Now I have a nice cooler pad to make sure that the GPU does not create a problem again, and I even changed the HDD with an SSD. NV53 is now fast, and perfect for playing minecraft ....
One more thing about BT on the NV53: my model did not come with the BT included, thus I now have a small BT dongle. BT works fine, but I don't know how to connect the quick switch BT button below the screen to the BT dongle ... if anyone know how to do that, that would be very helpful.
m
l
August 31, 2016 10:17:26 AM

curtis hayes said:
Hello,
how to turn on bluetooth on laptop gateway nv53

hello i turned on the bluetooth logo and it cannot find my bluetooth on the laptop
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook