Dell Inspiron 1564 - opinions?

mirror26

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hi everyone!! :hello:

I'm considering buying this laptop:

Dell Inspiron 1564

Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13GHz, 3MB Cache)
4GB DDR3 Memory
500GB Hard drive
DVD+/-RW optical drive
15.6″ Widescreen Display
Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4330 graphics
512MB graphics memory
Webcam
Wireless enabled
HDMI connectivity
5 in 1 digital media card reader
Weight 2.7kg
Up to 3.0 hours battery life

What do you think about it?
I'd like some opinions on Dell as a whole, especially if anyone owns this one!

Or you can maybe suggest something else with similar specifications. I've answered some of the FAQ questions if that will help:

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15'6 or 15'4
3_What screen resolution do you want? no preferences
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable, but I won't carry it around too much, it will mainly stay at home
5_How much battery life do you need? not really important
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I don't play a lot of games, only Tomb Raider sometimes
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? browsing the net, watching movies
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? not important
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible!
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't like HP, because many friends have had problems with those, plus they provide only 1-yr warranty.

Well, number 10 is most important for me, I've had my current laptop for 10 years, and I want something that won't break down in 2 years...so I'm wondering if Dell is a good choice! :??:

mrinal_26

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

i am considering this one as well.
atm i have a dell latitude d620 that i bought used, and apart from the battery it's a joy. batterys about3 yrs old - best replace it soon :)