Best Buy, Other Retailers Will Sell iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabose369

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
A netbook, although slow, is far more versatile then the Ipad. On a netbook you can:

- Multitask
- Use Office
- Watch anything in Flash Format
- Not be forced to use Itunes
- Spend about $200-300 less than the most basic Ipad

And the list goes on and on....

Now don't get me wrong, I hate netbooks, but I would certainly take a Netbook over an Ipad.

G

Does it matter? They will still price fix it like all of their other products.

maiko

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I think the Apple Ipad has been designed for people who need more than what a smart phone can offer without the bulk or weight of a laptop. It can be customized to improve productivity and entertainment. Its worth a trial.

Maiko J
www.onewayshopping.com

G

I think people have blinkered vision when it comes to what the ipad cannot do. The ipad does so many things, really well, with a really nice interactive interface, that it's going to be far nicer to use than a netbook.
However, I love my iTouch, I just wished it had a bigger screen so that browsing and everything else were easier.....voila!
The ipad, whether it does everything people want or not, does plenty of things really well and I for one will get one and enjoy it.

G

You can buy a full featured AMD Athlon II dual-core notebook for $400 to $500 (or a single core for $300 to $350), with a screen ranging from 12' to 16'. I don't see why anybody would buy a netbook or an iPad.

Netbooks are for people who want to trade the comfort and power of using a real laptop for not having to carry something quite so large and heavy(ie: 4lbs is waaayyy to heavy... However, Pentium III era performance is good enough for the job).

CoderDunn

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]They're going to sell products in a store? omgwtfbbq[/citation]

For a long time, apple products were not sold in stores because their pricing model was not friendly for retailers

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
I like how Cook talks it up like this is the only tablet computer to have ever existed. I am not so sure how well a tablet PC is going to work for a consumer, though.

Where I work, we use tablet PCs in a warehouse environment for the forklift drivers. All they have to do is scan bar codes and push some buttons on our ERP software, and the tablet is great for this kind of work. However, as soon as they come into the office for maintenace/repair/whatever, we just VNC to it using our desktop PCs because a tablet is so clunky to use for anything beyond pushing big buttons on the screen.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I have a hard time thinking a touch screen is convenient. I don't think it will do for a touch typist. The screen is small too. It has been tried before and did not do well.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]coderdunn[/nom]For a long time, apple products were not sold in stores because their pricing model was not friendly for retailers[/citation]

I'd say those days have been gone for a long while now. Where can you NOT buy an effing iPod?

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
One word: Flash.

The FCC has deemed Flash a hazard to your health, being that Apple is a health conscious Co. they
have decided to leave Flash behind in an attempt to prevent Tumors................

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]One word: Flash.The FCC has deemed Flash a hazard to your health, being that Apple is a health conscious Co. theyhave decided to leave Flash behind in an attempt to prevent Tumors................[/citation]

Jobs won't take any more risks of cancer then?

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I will wait for Flash support. I have a netbook and a nook already ... I have no incentive to move to an iPad, unless it was for the sole reason of continuing my cult-like addiction to their products.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I think people have blinkered vision when it comes to what the ipad cannot do. The ipad does so many things, really well, with a really nice interactive interface, that it's going to be far nicer to use than a netbook. However, I love my iTouch, I just wished it had a bigger screen so that browsing and everything else were easier.....voila!The ipad, whether it does everything people want or not, does plenty of things really well and I for one will get one and enjoy it.[/citation]

I with you. I want a bigger iTouch that can print to my network printer (print a recipe, directions, etc). Instant ON is compelling. Apple is after a new market for people who don't have the lifestyle of sitting in front of a laptop/netbook. I use a windows laptop and I want one.

Amazing how anything positive on apple gets negative votes. Insecure and envious bunch, methinks, with their second rate Windoze. Negative away ya'll, I am going for the high count on negs as a badge of honor.

Windows sucks.

Apple is the best and shown us all the light.

If Steve were a woman I'd let him have my kids.

If I were a woman I would have his kids.

I am going to run my windows laptop over with my car as soon as iPad comes out !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.