Order recovery disk toshiba 4064 vs 4061

LarryPD

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Hello,
I'm ordering the recovery disk from Toshiba ... I have a A105 S4064. At order completion, it says A105 S4061. Is that ok to go with?

LarryPD

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010

They asked for not only the model number, of course, but more specifically, the serial number. So I am surprised that at the order confirmation page, they show address, card info, etc. and recovery disk for A105 S4061. I'm just not sure if I should click on "submit".

Larry

LarryPD

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
I hope I'm not being a pest ... especially being new here ... but the reason I'm trying to order the recovery disk is because the hard drive in my laptop died and I don't have a recovery disk. My intention is to install a new hard drive and then use the recovery disk to reinstall Windows XP which will probably include all the Toshiba stuff as well, but I'm ok with that. Am I thinking right in that this is what I can do with this disk? My Microsoft license number is on a Microsoft sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Larry

LarryPD

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
I was asking my question online because I found, like so many of these places, that a call to tech support put me in an endless loop. I would finally get a person and they'd refer me to a phone # that was the same as I started with. There were other useless loops also. While waiting for a reply here, I kept trying anyway on the phone since it was toll free. FINALLY, I got through to someone ... of course they don't ask what you want up front ... they want a world of info first and in my case, all but the unit's serial number was unnecessary. Anyway .. the guy assures me that an A105 S4064 (the Toshiba sticker on the bottom of the laptop) is the same as the A105 S4061 that comes up online and on his computer. I hope so.

So for now, I guess I have my answer. Now I just wait for the disk to get here.

Thanks, Larry