Satellite l45 s2416 obsolete?

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Hello everyone!

I have a toshiba satellite l45-s2416 laptop. I was wondering if it is able to upgrade to windows 7 or even is worth the upgrade. Right now it has windows vista 32bit. The only upgrade i have done is increase the RAM to 2Gbs.

I was thinking about upgrading to windows 7 due to the lack of protection from vista. The other idea i had in mind was save up for a better laptop. Any questions/comments/answers/suggestions? Please and Thank you!

-Bro

Solution
Not yet obsolete. But probably in the 'ready to retire' category. The single core 1.6Ghz Celeron M 520 CPU and 2GB RAM isn't too weak to run Win7.

But paying $99 for a Win7 upgrade package is almost 20-25% of the cost for a new entry level laptop that will come with Win7 already installed. So? Paying twice for Win7 (upgrade + the next new laptop)? Or putting the price of a Win7 upgrade into a new laptop?
Not yet obsolete. But probably in the 'ready to retire' category. The single core 1.6Ghz Celeron M 520 CPU and 2GB RAM isn't too weak to run Win7.

But paying $99 for a Win7 upgrade package is almost 20-25% of the cost for a new entry level laptop that will come with Win7 already installed. So? Paying twice for Win7 (upgrade + the next new laptop)? Or putting the price of a Win7 upgrade into a new laptop?

Solution

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009

Thanks for the feedback. I do not have to much knowledge on laptop processors yet. But, with common sense, i could tell my laptop was really slow as far as loading times go. Again i appreciate the advice. I most likely be saving for a new laptop!