Trouble with monitor audio output

paranoia101

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hey all. I've been all over the web and in tons of forums looking for answers to my problems but to no avail. It's been eating away at me, whittling me down to a dried out husk of my former self.

All jokes aside, I have a nice little setup at home. A PC cable with a VGA cable connecting to a monitor, and an xbox with a HDMI cable to the same monitor. Now, it's easy to just switch inputs and play either one, but I am a bit pesky. The HDMI cable carries audio, but only to the monitors speakers, which are absolutely HORRIBLE. I have an excellent pair of speakers just dying to be used. no matter what way I plug it in to the audio jack in the monitor though, it'll still use the monitors speakers.

I can't seem to find any where that I can change the settings to make the audio go out through the speakers. But apparently, my PC can use speakers that I plugged through that very port. I just have to change it in the audio devices menu. Unfortunately, the xbox has no such thing as far as I know.

I've read online to get a RC HDMI adapter that will allow the HDMI cable to fit while having separate audio cables running off from the xbox.

There are several reasons why I wouldn't want to buy it:

1)it would mean a whole load more of incessant wiring, which my table already has its fair share of.

2)Nothing ships to my country, making delivery a hassle

3) There are two versions out there, one with a wire that resets the xbox while switching inputs. I'd rather not risk my luck.

So, in all reality, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get speakers to work after I plugged them in to the audio jack. But it doesn't.

Any help?

TRENDING THREADS