Speaker & Receiver with $1,700? What do you like?

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hey there everyone. First, thank you very much for your imput, advice, comments and consultations. ;)

I will be building a new $2,000 computer in early January; that is components only. I am also going to buy a all new home entertainment center; 46" TV, Bluray, receiver and 5.1 speakers. I want to hook that all up to the new PC but am not sure exactly how but that will be a new thread in the near future. :D

My question is, what kinds of speakers and receivers do you like yourselves. I can spend around $1,500-$1,700 on the receiver and speakers. I am not looking at PC speakers. I was looking at the Denon AVR 1912 ($550) or Pioneer VSX-1021-K (Costco-$389) for a receiver and Energy Classic 5.1 ($400) or Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD ($1,400) speakers - all four are rated very well. The two speaker systems are both rated high but there is a $1,000 difference in price. :ouch:

Unfortunately I won't be able to 'actually' listen to what I want before I buy as I live in a small town north of Santa Barbara, but I could drive to SB or SLO if you have any recommended stores in those areas. :)

A bit if info: I'm 57. I listen to blues, rock and sometimes classical music, mainly on SiriusXM. I will be watching lots of movies also. I don't need a lot of bass; but some for the movies, but enjoy mids and treble more. I like to hear specifics in the music, not blended together/softened.

Hope that helps. Ask me anything that will assist in your responces... almost anything. :kaola:

Thank you very much for your assistance.

:hello:

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

pioneer vsx-30
klipsch quintet iv
klipsch 450w sub

you can get everything including cables for under $1400 on sale depending on where you purchase them.

i got mine at best buy... pricematched to a hhgregg sale. was a good deal... got over $100 off the top minus the various discount cards i had at the time.