Solved! Dell vostro 3300

Solution
Unacceptable quality IMHO. Cheap plastic hinges, cheap plastic body, wireless card sucks. You really do not want to purchase this laptop.

We recently ordered five of these at work to test out for a mass purchase. If you PM me, I can send you the e-mails we send with all of our own personal reviews. It wasn't pretty for the little Dell... wasn't pretty at all.

We couldn't afford to pay Dell's steep pricing on their higher-quality notebooks. We needed 100 laptops to put in one of our learning facilities for the nursing students to use as needed. These kids deserved better laptops, so we broke our Dell contract and had Lenovo send us five testers. They were only $100 more per unit then the Volstro, and the quality of the units...

dustyred14

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Unacceptable quality IMHO. Cheap plastic hinges, cheap plastic body, wireless card sucks. You really do not want to purchase this laptop.

We recently ordered five of these at work to test out for a mass purchase. If you PM me, I can send you the e-mails we send with all of our own personal reviews. It wasn't pretty for the little Dell... wasn't pretty at all.

We couldn't afford to pay Dell's steep pricing on their higher-quality notebooks. We needed 100 laptops to put in one of our learning facilities for the nursing students to use as needed. These kids deserved better laptops, so we broke our Dell contract and had Lenovo send us five testers. They were only $100 more per unit then the Volstro, and the quality of the units surpassed the Dell Inspirons that were $1,200. Our Dell rep wasn't happy, but we were so impressed by the Lenovo SL510's metal hinges, keyboard spill channels and UltraNav touchpad that we signed a contract with them and got these machines ordered. Now we're not going to mess around with ANY Dell laptops. We're strictly Dell desktops and Lenovo laptops now... and for the best! :)

I suggest the Lenovo SL510 or comparable. The difference is Lenovo will not sell you a piece of crap, even at the budget level. Dell will! ASUS laptops are really good too. Just PLEASE stay away from the Volstro.

Solution