Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
hello, I have a pair of criterion 80's and would like some help :p

(On the back of cabinet)
criterion 80
99-02248 wx
100w program material
8ohms

and one of the woofers on these wonderful sounding speakers are making a rattling noise that is actually coming from the woofer its self (w/out box) and would like to find another woofer to mount into the box that has very very close specs so that it will still match the other box/crossover

if anyone knows a trustworthy place I can possibly purchase a replacement for it or to some how repair the one i have

the markings on the speakers magnet are as follows

CR - 80
100W MUSIC
IMP 8Ω

dcsalling

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
I have a few of these I am parting out and have a good woofer, will be listing it on ebay and can tailor the auction for you. Just let me know and I will get you a list of parts that I have, tested working.

dcsalling

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
I can list it for $25 plus shipping to wherever you are. Just let me know, the condition of the woofer is amazing for its age. also have tweeters and midranges that are in great shape also. The crossover boards may be available for rebuilding, I have not pulled those out of the cabinets yet. oh, also I have a grill with the badge... a little water stained (or something) but board and fabric have held together well.

psycostick

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
where are you 2 at are either of you in the SF Bay Area in California, $25 is pushing what i can spend at the moment, although i would love to get my speakers fixed. If one of you are in the area i was hoping that we could arrange local pickup w/cash payment

thank you very much looking forward 2 your responses ^_^

psycostick

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

wish i could afford that + the shipping, but as you know rent is a pain :p, that's kind of why i was hopping 2 do it local or Super-saver eBay shipping (admittedly i have no idea how their Super-saver shipping works :0) please let me know, and if you could post a pic, the holes on the mounting tabs are about 11 1/2in hole 2 hole

dcsalling

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
I know, my brother-in-law lives in SF... crazy. This is how super-saver shipping works... the seller eats the shipping... The woofer has four mounting ears with four screws, looking at the cabinet, this is a specially made woofer, and the only one that would fit. Save your pennies, if you need it, you will find the money, the only other option is to buy a new pair of speakers... good luck finding any you like as well on the cheap. I can wait a few weeks to list them, at least until my boss asks me why I haven't... then I will have too... thats my job... check out ebay user id: recycletek

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
In Pacifica California.

psycostick

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
i can wait please call me when you get back in town, thank you very much, as 4 dcsalling thank you for the offer, i did see what you have on the ebay page and will more than likely be purchasing some computer parts from you guys in the future, i saved you in my favorite sellers list ^_^