Creative t3100 2.1 speakers connecting to AV Receiver?

bbHood925

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hey! I was hoping someone could potentially give me a straight answer. I have an outdated pair of 2.1 speakers from creative that come with a mighty powerful subsoofer. I was wondering if there is anyway to connect the sub to my Yamaha V-371 AV receiver. On the back of the sub there are only two inputs, left and right speakers for the above 2 speakers. Is there anything I can do to use this as a dedicated subwoofer?

MrWeedgamer

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
You're subwoofer needs to be amplified separately,
Almost any AV Receiver needs that. Do you have an old stereo amp? if so you can use that as A subwoofer Amplifier. If not you could Put a filter in the stereo speakers with the sub.
So it only gives low frequencies but I don’t know how technical in this part you are. Don’t take that the wrong way.

MrWeedgamer

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
You're subwoofer needs to be amplified separately,
Almost any AV Receiver needs that. Do you have an old stereo amp? if so you can use that as A subwoofer Amplifier. If not you could Put a filter in the stereo speakers with the sub.
So it only gives low frequencies but I don’t know how technical in this part you are. Don’t take that the wrong way.

Edit there are devices that do the filter job, but to be honest i think buy a different sub is the better choice on the long run.