Keyboard built-in sound card.

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Hey guys.
I have a few questions that need resolving. First of all; I'm looking at investing in a pair of quality stereo headphones in the under $200 range.
When I eventually get my hands on a good set; should I also invest in a stand alone sound card?
I have my speakers plugged into the mobo inbuilt sound system and I don't really want to swap cords every time I want to swap sound devices,
but I also have a logitech g110 gaming keyboard with it's own built in soundcard. However I'm thinking that such a device wouldn't do justice to what I'm after.

Next question is this. Is there anyone on a budget like me that has found a nice par of stereo headphones that sound great, creates a seal without leaving you with a headache after a couple of hours of use because of the tightness?
I've been looking at a couple, such as the senheiser hd555 and the Audio-Technica ATH-M50.
If anyone has stumbled on the holy grail of budget headphone sound quality, mixed in with comfort.
Please let me know what make it is so I can acquire it. Cheers.

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
I ended up going with a set of sennehiser HD 558's.
They're 50 ohm I'll be using them for gaming and listening to music via my pc, (I live in Australia and they're getting shipped from the states, I've a bit of waiting to do TT)
Anway; I believe they're 50 ohm.
I was thinking of getting something like the FiiO E7 with them for extra performance if required. What do you think? I don't want to be unplugging my speakers when I want to use my headphones. So I'll need something like that even if it isn't required for extra performance.