Hooking Computer up to TV

WackyWormer

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Hello,

I have a computer with the ATI Radeon HD3450 card, and a LG flatscreen TV, with HDMI, VGA, and assorted other ports. I want to get HD video and sound from the computer to the TV as painlessly as possible. Currently I run it through my Xbox, which is less than HD quality. I'm open to any solutions, including buying a new graphics card.

Oh, and currently, about 18' of cord is needed to go from the computer to the tv. I already own a 25' VGA cable, but as far as I can tell, the TV doesn't have a sound hookup when its in VGA mode.

Your LG flatscreen TV should have audio ports which are associated with the VGA PC input. Check your owners manual. You will likely need a 3.5mm stereo to RCA L/R adapter and cable. Aside from that, if your graphics card has an HDMI output, then the next easiest thing to do would be to run a 20'-25' HDMI cable.

Buying a new graphics card would be the last resort. It absolutely should not be necessary.

-Wolf sends

WackyWormer

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Ok, so when I hook my computer to my tv via VGA cable, the display is a couple of inches off center, and my tv doesn't have a shifting function. I'm open to any solutions that make going from playing games on my computer to watching online episodes on my tv quick and simple.