Is the Dell XPS M1210 any good?

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I just received a M1210 XPS laptop from my sis and I don't know much about laptops so I was wondering if this laptop was any good.

I have heard of the XPS line and I thought they were meant for gaming but I am not sure these are some of the specs I read off of it:

Intel Core 2 T7200 @2.0Ghz
Geforce Go 7400
2 gb. I just put it @3066 virtual ram
So if anyone can let me know what you think of it I would appreciate it, I just got it like a half hour ago and haven't looked at anything laptops forever.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

Yeah thats what I thought, I got it for free for writing school papers enstuff so no BF2 :(
I looked more into and it was in the slim n sleek section. Yeah brand new it might of been coolish, but its using dx9 and I think its at least 2-3 years old which is computer years is 40, so she is not a young beauty any more, just a near shadow of its former self.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Its actually not that bad, it gots vista lol, and its nothing enthusiastish but thats what my new build is going to be. My current personal computer was enthusiasts computer like 5 years ago I just have been putting off getting a new one, but I have already started scouting out parts.

Yeah there is nothing worth upgrading, I checked Dell and they have a lot of parts but there the same ones I got, and I don't know if I would invest any money into it.

To be honest I did trade my phone upgrade for her laptop w/phone upgrade in November(Hell I was going to get an android, but I will get the Verizon iPhone(only if there not rumors).