Speakers pickup am radio

fpiehl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Speakers get AM 1250 Disney radio. I called the station and they claim to have no tech and they reluctantly took my name and phone after me telling them this just started Wednesday 29 November 2011 and I have been here six years without this interference. I need to get rid of this any suggestion. I was thinking of sheild cable but I do not know. I remember something from High School Electronics club put something in line to speaker I think and it had capacitors not sure surpressed the RF. I need help.

Solution
First of all, the station is REQUIRED to have a tech.
Call and DEMAND to speak to the station designated engineer.
Call the station manager, and tell him (in no uncertain terms) that if he does not respond, you will file a formal complaint with the FCC.
File a complaint with the FCC. (love to cause trouble)
Visit "Palomar Engineers" and check out the Ferrite Bead RFI interference reduction KIT (Yes, these things do work)
First of all, the station is REQUIRED to have a tech.
Call and DEMAND to speak to the station designated engineer.
Call the station manager, and tell him (in no uncertain terms) that if he does not respond, you will file a formal complaint with the FCC.
File a complaint with the FCC. (love to cause trouble)
Visit "Palomar Engineers" and check out the Ferrite Bead RFI interference reduction KIT (Yes, these things do work)

Solution

fpiehl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hey, thanks. I remember the terror the FCC can strike terror in station managers.

My best wishes to you, your family and your family of friends
Merry Everything and Happiness Always All Ways

fpiehl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Oh my goodness. In line with speaker? Where to put beeds?

Your poor mind. I am so grateful for your help.

Listen to your Heart the seat of the Truth. The mind will always be full of chatter. The Heart of course is sublime.

fpiehl

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011

WoW Soundguruman,

nice, very nice. I like very much the idea of complaining to the FCC. I totally hated how the one human I found by going through the old dial 0001 to 9999 until I found a human, man he was reluctant to even take my number. A new station manager called about a week later. Of course they continue to claim no tech on site, at all. Why do they always want you to just go away? Well I will go to the FCC. I love to cause trouble. They deserve it for the lack of consideration they showed me.

Thanks for the Ferrit Bead reference too. Gonna get me some beads. Should give Disney the chance to pay for them, what do you think? They do not deserve another chance, really.

I will let you know what happens.

All the best

darreng101

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Hey mate, had a similar prob lately. I doubt its the radio stations problem that another users system is inadequately shielded, but the ferrite bead you recommend sounds good thou.

I know those kits come fixed to alot of cables, at both ends. In the case of speakers picking up a radio signal I guess its the Fiqure 8 speaker cable from the amp? so would both left and right speakers need to be protected at amp and speaker? or is it from signal cables to the amp (ie a dvd player or a wallplate that has say a 3.5mm audio and VGA connection?

Also in the case of a powered speaker system (which I install in schools etc) one speaker is active with amp/vol control etc and then feeds signal to a second passive speaker.

I can't remember now if only the passive picked up the radip i.e. the speaker cable is acting as an antenna??

Cheers mate and happy new year
Daz

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
There is something you can buy with lead that alleviate this problem of yours. Go to an electronic store and ask them. It goes inside the cable. Not sure of the complete name. Sorry.remember ferrite crystals it is called.

The beads can be installed on any length of wire that is receiving the interference.
This includes the power wires, the line output audio wire and the speaker wires.
It's called a ferrite bead, not a ferrite crystal.

Any facility that uses a transmitter MUST have a designated engineer, and they MUST respond to complaints. That's the LAW.
The FCC can wind up issuing fines of thousands of dollars. File your complaint NOW.

TRENDING THREADS