What if ethernet (cat 6e,6a,7) cables were used as hd video cables

cjcj11

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
the title says it all. i was basically just wondering if it would be possible as well.
it seems to me that it should work due to the fact that cat 7 cables have a bandwidth of 10 gigabits and can be acquired cheaply (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119313)
obviously if this were true there would need to be a major change in the industry, but i would think that this would be much more useful for pc applications such as on graphics cards and monitors. this is probably in the wrong category, and this could possibly be not even possible. but anyway i would just like to know.

cjcj11

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

yeah but what if there is no need for adapters and there are rj45 ports on boh the tv/monitor and graphics card/tv box/ dvd player. rj45 connectors are easily removed and replaced so this would make it easier for custom lengths and applications, plus cheaper cables overall, i personally think it would be better to put more money into the extra port or whatever instead of expensive cables (in digital signals, the quality of the cable affects it barely as long as the connections are made)