Sharp lcd tv power button flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CONFUSED SHARPLY

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
My LC60LE64OU SHARP AQUOS TV WAS TURNED ON BRIEFLY THEN IT TURNED OFF INDEFINITELY WITH THE POWER BUTTON FLASHING. TRIED UNPLUGGING WHILE HOLDING THE VOL UP/DWN BUTTONS THEN RE PLUGGED THEN RELEASED THE BUTTONS. NOTHING HAPPENED EXCEPT THE SAME FLASHING. :non:

trythisathome

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

I dont know my model off the top of my head,
but I have a 32-42in sharp with this same problem.
havent used the tv in about a month and went to use it and this started happening.

trythisathome

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
The frequency and color of the blinks will indicate the issue. There is a hold-down button sequence to try to backdoor your way into the set to see if the panel will light. You may have simply racked up too many "weird tuner faults" and need to reset it. My suspicion is that it's either that or bad panel backlight.

Unplug set, press and hold (on set) volume-down and channel-down and hold them while pluging in set. Will come on with "k" on screen, or will crash again if backlight bad. If it stays on, use your remote and arrow right then look for "fact init" and any other reset and turn them on. Arrow back up to "fact init" and hit enter. Let set recycle to green and unplug/re-plug in 5 seconds: the set should be in OOB state.

this was from a closed post in this forum.....guess i fall under the bad backlight group

4tinyhearts

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the info. It worked for me.... I unplugged the TV and held the buttons down and it continued to flash. I continued to hold down the two buttons and replugged it in again and it worked. TV back up and working. Whoot! Whoot!

rumpstumper

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
My power button and OPC button is flashing at the same time . I have a Sharp LC-46SB54U. I hell down the buttons replugged the TV, now I have a solid green light. What must I do to get it

bmartij6

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

It worked for me too

Led power button was flashing with no answer, I unpluged the power, push volume and channel down, pluged power again...and it worked

lastditcheffort

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
Not sure of my model but the same thing happened to me. Unplugged it. After looking for a new tv online I decided to try getting it to work. So, plugged it back in and held down the power button, a red light came on, held down the power button again and an orange light came on, held down power button again and green light came on and tv powered on. This was simply a case of trial and success!

Bobbie Red Cass

Estimable
May 31, 2015
Hi every i had same problem 60 inche sharp aquos blinking power light, first turn tv off and unplug hold down volume up and the power button at the same time and plug in the power light will flash fast just keep holding down the buttons untill tv comes on , work for me just thought i would shaethis with you all,

Nateinportland

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015

So, i got the 70" version, every time the power goes out the ***@ing light on the bottom blinks and it won't turn on. unplug, hold power button, plug in. If that doesn't work, unplug all the HDMI cables, unplug the power, hold power button, plug back in. Thats whats worked for me - hope it helps someone out. Gonna get a sony next time, that one has lasted over 7 years…..

Salvador_1

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015

Salvador_1

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Yes I have the 70 sharp I unplug all the cables hdmi all of them and then I unplug it hold the power button and plugged it in and keep holding it and work yayyy!!! Thank you Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.