Dell Inspiron pp22x dim display after replacing LCD

braddavison22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I am working on a Dell Inspiron PP22X laptop. I replaced the broken LCD screen after it had been dropped. Now, the screen is dimmer than it should be. BIOS settings for brightness are maxed. Windows settings are maxed. This has got me stumped......When I press the FN key and the UP arrow to increase the brightness the screen goes dimmer and brighter with each push. Not progressivly brighter like it should. It does the same thing with the DOWN arrow. My guess would be the inverter for the CCFL. Could it be the MB? BIOS update? I dont think it could be the screen itself, picture is clear, just not as bright as it should be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

emtvicki1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

Did you ever get an answer for this problem?

emtvicki1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
ah ok. Nope it didn't match exactly, but the screen place I bought it from said it didn't matter if the inverter didn't screw on and the holes didn't match, that I could just tape it onto the bottom of the screen. I did and it works. My only problem is the odd brightness issues. I push up up up I get dark bright dark...weird. However one below max is bright enough. So you are saying the inverter made this act correctly then? I'll see if the client is happy enough just being able to see period!

Thanks!
Vicki

Hi :)

The way my lappy repair company would do this is a follows....and it WOULD work perfectly at the end...

Inverter first....

CORRECT screen second.... you CANNOT just fit any screen that fits lol :)

p.s STOP using that screen company as they are giving VERY bad advice...

All the best Brett :)