Altec Lansing VS4121 No Sound

danseaview

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Hi again lol :whistle: .I have a problem with my altecs and cant figure out what the problem is. Okay, about 2 days ago i was watching TV with headphones on and went to bed after when i woke up i turned on my computer and there was no sound from the speakers what so ever. I don't even get the little hum from the sub and my volume control makes static which cannot be heard. The power light is on and with headphones plugged into my altecs i can here perfectly but no sound from the speakers. Iv pulled apart the sub-woofer and couldn't see any visual damage to the electronics. I've also pulled apart the Right speaker (the one with the controls) with great difficulty and couldn't find any loose wires or damaged circuits. Any help on this would be great. I can't think of anything else to do and its not a software problem. If there's anything else you would like to know to help figure out the problem just ask. Thanks in advance :)

danseaview

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Quick thought crossed my mind is there anyway the headphone port could be shorting exept when you plug headphones in i might fiddle around with that idea but any help would be great