Pc and tv is connect by rca cable but no sound from tv why

confford

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
my Eee PC ( MODEL 1000HE ) and Sony freeview is connected by RCA cable, but no sound from TV, please help me to solve, brothers and sister. regards, conff

you're only giving half the information required.

RCA cables on the tv side....???? connection on the pc side

my guess is that you're using either vga... or dvi and your pc doesnt support sound out over dvi.

it could be something else but unless you give information and other things you have tried.....how can you expect help?

confford

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

thank you ssddx,
1. 3.5mm connect to pc earphone output, and other site is round inscert to Sony TV( white color& red color). both PC & TV sound work independly ok.
2. i guest PC need to config some setting, can you help me how to set up.
3. or TV need to setting up sthing, teach me how. thanks. ssddx

what i think you are trying to say is you have a cable with a 3.5mm audio jack on one side and the white/red composite plugs on the other.

you have it plugged into the headphone out port on the pc, which should be fine for exporting sound, provided the pc recognizes that you have something connected. play something and see if you're getting sound but just not hearing it (try looking at the audio devices window)

as for what ports you have it plugged into on your tv? i have no idea. make sure they are audio-in ports and not audio-out. you might need to configure your tv properties to make these the default audio ports which may be why you hear no sound. i can't tech you how, you need to figure that out on your own.