Need Help_44

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hello,
I have erected an old Square GRID Parabolic antenna with an AIDC-3731 downconverter on it which was left at my old house by a tv company I used once. It has a coaxial cable hook-up on the downconverter and is about 16 feet off the ground, on a pole. I first checked my tv with rabbit ears to make sure I didn't need a converter box and received 16 digital channels. I then ran 50 ft of round R-6 cable directly from that tv to the outdoor grid antenna by plugging the cable into the downconverter cable hook-up but can't get a signal. I have tried turning the antenna in all directions but still no signal. I don't want to remain with the rabbit ears as my daughter said this would humiliate her, so I want to be able to use an outdoor antenna preferably this grid antenna I already have. I was hoping you could guide me on how to utilize this antenna or tell me what's wrong or what I need to do to fix the problem. I am a housewife that knows just enough about OTA signals to get me in trouble, so please help in layman's terms. Thanks, Sandra

Solution
I guess my question would be, if your TV can currently decode the digital transmissions in your area using a set of rabbit ears (IOW, your TV has a native ATSC tuner), then why would you need a down-converter from the outdoor antenna?

-Wolf sends
I guess my question would be, if your TV can currently decode the digital transmissions in your area using a set of rabbit ears (IOW, your TV has a native ATSC tuner), then why would you need a down-converter from the outdoor antenna?

-Wolf sends

Solution

Need Help_44

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for your reply! This antenna is just an old antenna left from when I had direct tv many years ago and it was left with this AIDC on it. I'm wondering if I take off this AIDC thingy on it and attach a belum directly to the antenna, that may be all I need to do. If you agree, I will run out and purchase an belum and attach it to the antenna directly and then to the round cable.