Solved! Considering buying a laptop but i dunno how to configure 1

Lutfij

Splendid
Hey everyone at toms hardware.

i was contemplating a laptop purchase but havent had the heart to move onto one due to its very ease of becoming obsolete.

but finally i've mustered my wallet and myself to buy 1

i copied the questionnaire from the sticky...here goes

1_What is your budget?
$750-1000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17" or lower

3_What screen resolution do you want?
:/

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portability is an issue here but not more than 2 kgs , anything more than that will feel like baggage

5_How much battery life do you need?
should be anywhere above 8hrs while i'm working (i think thas impossible)

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
mild gaming

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Mild gaming, office work, Cad maybe some rendering, and ofcourse watching movies :D

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
320-500GB will do but if any1 can justify more than i'm for it :)

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
i dunno, total noob

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 2-3 yrs

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dvd Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus, Acer, HP, Dell

13_What country do you live in?
Bangladesh

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed
if i wanted to sell this in the near future, say maybe a year or less...it should be worth the selloff

appreciate it much!will be getting one~three in 10 days time for myself and my friends :sol: :whistle:

Lutfij

Splendid
HEY MAZIAR!!!! THANX , the ROG laptop is just what i'd get for myself as well :D complement my ROG extreme x48 rig. But any more deals i could look through? just to know i've taken all decisions, getting the laptop from aborad wont matter to me either as long as i can match the specs in the UK.

keep the answers coming! :)

on a side note, i'd want a laptop apart from the one above, that has a LONG battery life - reason being the power doesnt stay very consistent. Power failure every 2hrs, by the hr! :/

Well in that price range,i don't think there are any better deals.
ASUS G72GX would be good too,it has a C2D with GTX 260M and its 17".
But its impossible to find a good gaming laptop with a screen size of 15-17" with a battery life of 2hrs or more,most of them are 1-2 hrs max

Lutfij

Splendid
then lets leave the gaming out, as i'll be doing some rendering work, grafix aint much of a deal with me...did i mention i'm getting three of which ever i like...for my friends so the more options i'm shown - the better.

i can sacrifice on some aspects