Vintage Consule Needle Replacement

merber

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Just bought a new vintage console and need to replace the needle. I called a bunch of places in chicago and they have all said that I need to order them online since it is an old system. I have tried searching online, but I don't know where to start and there are too many choices.

Here is my console:
http://furnishmevintage.com/livingroom/mid-century-modern-zenith-ml2670-stereo-console-phonograph/

Yes, I did buy it for looks, but I want to be able to use it on some old records (even if they wear out the records- I'm not playing any expensive/rare ones).

Can someone help me? This is the first time I am changing a record player needle and I thought the stores here in Chicago would be more helpful, but so far, nothing.

Thank you!

Meredith

Solution
If you can. Try and find the model number of the turntable in the console. Then you can do a search under that model for a stylus for the turntable.

ALso, Chicago probably has many places that sell used stereo equipment. I would try calling around first or visit a few. They may even have one in stock but the store will order one for you. You shouldn't have trouble find a stylus(needle) for the turntable.
You would be surprised how much of this stuff is still available.

Happy Listening, the Prisoner.
If you can. Try and find the model number of the turntable in the console. Then you can do a search under that model for a stylus for the turntable.

ALso, Chicago probably has many places that sell used stereo equipment. I would try calling around first or visit a few. They may even have one in stock but the store will order one for you. You shouldn't have trouble find a stylus(needle) for the turntable.
You would be surprised how much of this stuff is still available.

Happy Listening, the Prisoner.

Solution